Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pink Martini Show

Thanks to a heads up by my friend Karen, we caught Pink Martini at Roundhouse this Sunday. It was a phenominal show. I must confess, I am not much of a concert goer...I find myself wondering how many songs are left after about the second song, but this concert could have gone on all night and I would have still been dancing. Part of it was the venue...standing room mostly and eveyone on the dance floor. It was really cool and the crowd was really into it.

If you are not familar with PM, they are an eclectic 12 member band from Portland who play songs from the 20's, 30's and 40's from all over the world in a variety of languages. The have a singer, pianist, cellist, violinist, trumpeter, trombonist, bassist, and many more.

I must admit, there was something pretty cool and ironic about going all the way to London to see a Portland band. Whenever they are in Seattle, we seem to be out of town.

It felt like we were really taking advantage of some of the hundreds of cultural opportunites that London has to offer. A great night.

No comments: